1) The first is the extent of political division in the non-Muslim world about what is afoot.
Conservatives are not divided on this issue. We get it. The Dems are in bed with the enemy. No division there.
2) The second reason why, as things stand, Islam will not be defeated is that the strengths of the world community of Muslims are being underestimated, and the nature of Islam misunderstood.
We do not misunderstand or underestimate the threat. We get it.
3) Indeed, the third reason why Islam will not be defeated, as things stand, is the low level of Western leadership, in particular in the United States.
Really? This is über-BDS. No leadership. Our military, I think, would disagree that the Commander-in-Chief or Secretary of Defense are lacking leadership ability. I know I disagree.
4) Next is the contribution to the disarray of Western policy-making being made by the egotistical competitiveness, and in some cases hysterics, of “experts” and commentators on Islam.
My experts on Islam are Robert Spencer, Daniel Pipes, Charles Johnson. Hysterical? Not at all. As far as policy-making, that is up to the current Administration. President Bush is doing just fine. I was enthused that he said "islamo-fascist" even though he is backing away from that now. He said it, he gets it.
5) The fifth disablement is to be found in the confusion of “progressives” about the Islamic advance.
Progressives are not confused. They know EXACTLY what the Islamic advance is. What the don't take into consideration is the law of unexpected consequences, now do they? Funny this should be fifth, as in "fifth column".
6) The sixth reason for Islam’s growing strength is the vicarious satisfaction felt by many non-Muslims at America’s reverses.
Gee, the glee some people feel, oh, I don't know, as for example when the towers fell? Do I care that others delight when good people are suffering or in pain? No. This country does more to help the rest of the world, than any other country in the world. Who was the first responder to the tsunami last year? Who was spit on because of it? Who will respond again in the face of global disasters? Delight in our pain, who cares?
7) The seventh reason lies in the moral poverty of the West’s, and especially America’s, own value system.
Excuse me? I am not morally poor. Most Americans are not. Moral poverty exists only with the Dems and with muslim fanatics.
Update: Right after I posted, I saw this: Sen. John Kerry: 'Take Up God's Work as Our Own'. The Dems are trying to court the "religious" vote. BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! It won't work. We see them for the shams they are. Their values are not mine.
8) The next indication that Islam’s advance will continue lies in the skilful use being made of the media and of the world wide web in the service both of the “electronic jihad” and the bamboozling of Western opinion by Muslim spokesmen.
We are not bamboozled. Again, littlegreenfootballs and hotair also use the internet to debunk the Muslim spokesmen, like cair.
9) The ninth factor guaranteeing Islam’s onward march is the West’s dependency on the material resources of Arab and Muslim countries.
We just discovered oil in our backyard. Bite me OPEC.
10) Finally, the West is convinced that its notions of technology-driven modernity and market-driven prog- ress are innately superior to the ideals of “backward” Islam.
And your point is?
An Islamic apologist, or perhaps a convert. All 10 points say the same, tired, thing. Islam will beat. Well, I have a different book that says my God can beat up your moon-god any day of the week and twice on sunday.
Islam's advance? Dr Ali Sina says that more people are LEAVING Islam than joining.