Thursday, February 09, 2006

What If MLK Delivered The Late Mrs. King's Eulogy?

Nice post. What MLK wanted said at HIS eulogy, in part reads:
If I can help somebody as I pass along,

If I can cheer somebody with a word or song,

If I can show somebody he's traveling wrong,

Then my living will not be in vain.

If I can do my duty as a Christian ought,

If I can bring salvation to a world once wrought,

If I can spread the message as the master taught,

Then my living will not be in vain.

Yes, Jesus, I want to be on your right or your left side, (Yes) not for any selfish reason. I want to be on your right or your left side, not in terms of some political kingdom or ambition. But I just want to be there in love and in justice and in truth and in commitment to others, so that we can make of this old world a new world.
Read the whole thing.

1 comment:

Rancher said...

Instead we got speech after speech bashing Bush. The event was shamelessly politicized and the fact that Thomas and Rice weren’t invited was an insult to MLK and everything he wished for America.