Monday, October 23, 2006

Follow-up questions for Byron Calame and the Times' Bush-bashing allies

From Michelle Malkin:

She is really all over this:

"Now, I have a follow-up question, which I have e-mailed to Mr. Calame. His e-mail address is public@nytimes.com. As I noted yesterday, Calame's lame rationalization for his blindness is that the Bush administration engaged in "vicious" attacks on the Times:

I fear I allowed the vicious criticism of The Times by the Bush administration to trigger my instinctive affinity for the underdog and enduring faith in a free press — two traits that I warned readers about in my first column.

What, exactly, is Calame referring to when he criticizes "vicious criticism?" Yesterday, I hyperlinked a June 27, 2006 Washington Post story on the Bush administration's response after the Times blabbed about the banking surveillance program. Let's take a closer look:"

Read it all. She examines how the left and right reacted to this betrayal by the NY Times and all the visciousness comes from, you guessed it, the left. Big surprise.

The press may be free, but it is not above the law.


NY Times, politics

No comments: