Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Virginia Tech

I am not sure exactly how I feel but numb. How can someone do what was done yesterday? I am wracking my brain trying to make sense of the carnage that one person can cause. Maybe there is no way to make sense because someone that would do that isn't sensible to begin with.
What can be so terrible to make a person do something like this? Was is an ex girlfriend, was it flunking out? What could make someone decide that this is the only way to go out? Did he fancy himself in his warped mind that he was going out in a blaze of glory?
I only hope that the students and teachers at VT can get on with their lives and be productive, communicative people. This is the key, talk about it, deal with it, help others, even if you don' t understand a comforting hand and a good ear goes a long long way. I can't help but think that if the shooter had these things may have turned out different.
My heartfelt sympathies to the families and the students who are dealing with this on a personal level.
Whiteknuckles

No comments: